Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tea Time

I have never been a big tea drinker until I met my friend Katie.  I enjoyed the theory of tea and my friend Eric and I would get a tea service when we went to the Russian Tea Room at NYC, ofcourse that is 12 a perso for a pot of tea and three cookies, but it is an experience. Anyway back to the topic, I decided to look into tea and its benefits, It seems our lovely Boston Harbor favorite has been really healy studied.

Black Tea, the most common type of tea consumed, is the second highest in anti-oxidants after green tea.   This is you average tea bag, orange pekoe is a grade of tea, not a tea type.   The anti-oxidant in tea is Theaflavin, which is a molecule known to scavange foe abnormal cellular bodies.  Black tea is also good for the blood vessels by allowing the vascular sytsem to relax.

Pace University under the supevision of Dr Milton Schiffenbsuer studied that black tea has also a neutralizing viral attributes to it as wel.  Purdue University has studied that Black Tea also aids the body in proper calcium absorbtion.

I also have my tea with a tablespoon of all natural, non pesticide non antibiotic honey.  I  thought since I have a lowered immune system that I would try to have a tablespoon of honey in the morning and at night.  Honey is one of the most ancient of medicines, it is anti-bacterial and anti-microbial

I have decide to study honey  Little as well infact it started me on a quest.  Ayurvedic Medicines that Honey is one of the five nectars of long life and one of the five nectars often given to the Hindu Gods.  The five nectars of the life are Honey, ghee or unsalted butter, Milk, Sugar, and Buttermilk/Yogurt.   So I am going on a quest for health kick using an adaptation of the Five Nectars I will tell you how that goes.

*Their are four types of tea White Tea made from fresh young leaves non-fermented, Green Teawhich is regular tea leaves non-fermentes, Oolong Tea which a tea leaves semi-fermented, and Black Tea which are fermented leaves.

* Also for my Ky friends if you are looking for non-hormone non-pasturised milk I have a dear friend who can supply you also milk, butter and cheese.  The cows are free range.  My supplier also sells free range meat of Lamb, Chicken, Mutton, Pork and Beef  www.willowhillsnaturalfoods.com

3 comments:

  1. This is interesting. I like ayurvedic stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of both honey and tea. Black tea can have almost as much caffeine as a cup of coffee, but green tea and most herbals (which often don't include actual tea at all) have much less, so a good night time alternative if you are caffeine sensitive. One of the things I love about tea is that it is very easy to make your drink fit your mood. I drink a wide variety of teas, from straight oolong tea (nothing added and the leaves floating around in the cup) to milk and sugar doctored (thank the British for that influence) or just sweetened with honey. Good stuff tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am Deeply fond of tea, and like Kylara, love teas for different purposes, moods, like music. My personal favorite is Earl Grey with lemon and sugar. Also, can use honey for minor, minor skin abrasions, scrapes, blemishes. Can heat honey, and apply it for a nice face mask. MMMMM multipurpose and tasty. Some friends of mine also recently gifted me with some chocolate tea.

    ReplyDelete